Numerous people experience sleep issues every night, and these unprecedented times we are living through aren’t much help. It’s okay to feel anxious or stressed with life but always remember that, although you may not be able to control what’s going on in the world, you ARE in control of your life and health.
Why is sleep so important?
- Sleep heals your body, muscles, and internal organs to function better when you are awake.
- Improves stress management and metabolism.
- Increases overall mental, emotional, and physical stability
- Better sleep = healthier lifestyle. If you have poor sleep, you’re more likely to make unhealthy eating choices.
- If you don’t get enough sleep, your insulin sensitivity decreases which lead to weight gain and higher diabetes risk
How much sleep should you get per night?
- According to Medline Plus, “The amount of sleep you need depends on several factors, including your age, lifestyle, health, and whether you have been getting enough sleep recently. Most adults need about 7-8 hours each night.“
Now is the time to start feeling your best by implementing small yet effective changes in your life. Here are some tips on how you can fall asleep easier and stay asleep.